Sunday, April 20, 2014

it's the little things

I never thought I'd say this....I'm tired of wearing sweatpants and sneakers.  If I could wear shoes other than tennis shoes, I'd wear pants other than sweats.  BUT I hate dress pants and sneakers together.  So while I'm ready to drop the sweats and put on normal pants....I really can't handle putting on real pants and sneakers.  I just can't do it.  Don't even suggest wearing a dress or skirt with tennis shoes....not going to happen.  I could handle jeans and sneakers but not every day...If I'm going to be wearing sneakers every day, I'll stick with sweatpants every day.  It's just getting old.  The same old shoes, (even though I've gotten new tennis shoes just because I was tired of my old ones), the same sweats.  I'm getting more more and more tired of it.  

So today....Easter Sunday.  I did not want to wear sweats to church...personal choice but still.  I was not going to wear a skirt or dress pants with sneakers.  Just couldn't do it.  Couldn't even consider it.  So I decided....I'll be at church, I'll be sitting most of the time, I wouldn't need a ton of support so why not....let's try it.  I pulled on a pair of flat sandals that strapped on....and they felt good.  I was able to wear them without issue :)  (granted they rubbed the top of my feet but it's so worth it!)  I wore shoes that weren't sneakers.  I wore clothes that weren't sweat pants.  all in all a good morning! 

(then I went home and took a nap...More on the exhaustion piece later.)

When something goes well, guess who likes to push their luck?!?  Yup you know it.  While I traded my skirt and cute clothes for comfies, I just did not want to put on tennis shoes.  I'm tired of them.  And I know that I'll need to wear them to school all week because even though the sandals worked well, there's no way to make it through the entire day teaching without them.  Heading out to dinner and I really didn't want to put on tennis shoes....so I think, Sandals with straps worked well....I really miss my flip flops....yup.  Flip Flops it is.  Try a pair.  They fit.  They stay on.  I can walk without my ankle rolling, the flop falling off, and they're comfy.  All in all....excitement set in.  Granted, I'm not walking all over town... I've already kicked them off to curl up on the couch but they worked...I'm now seeing options for my social time.  I can wear sandals and flops.  Guess I need to get a pedicure now...my toes are pretty ugly since I haven't had a pedicure since way before surgery :)  

It's the little things that are making the difference now.  Not huge earth-shattering advances or changes.  Little things like wearing a pair of flip flops....who knew how much that would mean?  Who knew how much it would mean to feel the freedom of options?  

No comments:

Post a Comment