Thursday, January 8, 2015

One Little Word

A friend of mine introduced me to the One Little Word concept last year.  Basically it’s picking a word that speaks to you and seeing how it works in your life for the year.  Last year I picked the word “enough”.  I am enough.  I have enough.  It was recently after surgery and I had to be happy with what I had.  I wasn’t going out and living my normal life.  I wasn’t doing all the things I loved.  I had to remember that I was enough.  What I could do was enough.  I didn’t need to get the newest and biggest and best things.  What I had was enough.  It was also a great help in purging and decluttering all of the stuff I had collected over the years.  I continue to remind myself that I have enough and to remove stuff on a regular basis instead of letting everything pile up and be overwhelming.  It was a great way to focus my life throughout the year and see the impact one little word can have.


This year I picked a new word.  I picked the word ‘accept’.  I am looking forward to seeing how this little word impacts my life this year.  I have to accept the things I cannot change.  I have to accept the things that happen; good, bad and ugly.  I need to accept what I have, what I am, who I am and who I care about.  There are many things in my life that I don’t have control over.  I still don’t get to control everything I want to.  I still struggle to control as much as I can.  I need to accept that I can handle not being in control.  I will accept the things I can do and stop worrying about the things I can’t.  

What word will speak to you this year?

1 comment:

  1. My word is 'forge.' It has proved quite interesting so far. :)

    LeeAndra

    ReplyDelete