Tuesday, May 27, 2014

back at the gym...

I've been back at the gym for awhile.  Both gyms.  Yes, I now go to two different gyms.  One is a Crossfit Box and I'm so glad to be there.  The other is the gym I used for physical therapy and the pool.  On a really good day, I end up at both gyms...crossfit at 5:30 AM and the other around 6 at night.  Talk about stress reliever.....as crazy as it sounds, it's good for me.  Not sure how I'd be managing if it weren't both gyms.  

Crossfit gives me my 5:30 peeps!  and my coach.  ALL, incredibly important to me.  I thrive on the relationships I build around me and I really have built some strong relationships through Crossfit.  It also gives me a style of workout I wouldn't accomplish on my own.  I feel empowered and strong after working out at crossfit.  I am able to safely push my limits (with everyone keeping an eye on me and helping me when i need it).  I'm able to focus all my energy and thoughts on what I am doing and why I am doing it.  I have to pay attention so I don't hurt myself.  

My other gym gives me the solitary time to work through whatever's on my mind and heart.  I don't have to think when I'm walking the track, Jogging the track, riding a bike, swimming laps in the pool.  I can let whatever has stressed me out stew while I work out and work out an answer or two or three.  I focus strictly on cardio and rehab.  I still take the time for PT work, slow, controlled movement.  Strength and Balance.  I still push myself incredibly hard and wring my clothes out after a workout but it's at a different intensity, it's more focused on the movement.  I'm not looking to build relationships.  I'm not looking for a group to work out with.  I have that.  I'm solely looking for the improvement in my quality of life and being able to work on whatever is bothering me that week.  

Overall, it's a great attitude adjustment day when I work out at both gyms.  I'm normally calmer and ready to face the world.  I'm looking forward to this summer when I'm able to workout more consistently and I can use it to build a routine for myself.  I'm looking forward to a routine this summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment